Maras is a small town located on the side of a mountain and is known for its salt pans, which date back to Inca times. These salt pans are shallow wells containing salt water, which have been used for centuries to produce salt. On the other hand, there is also Moray, a set of circular agricultural terraces, which were possibly used to experiment with different crops and to adapt them to different altitudes and climates.
This is undoubtedly an ideal experience for travelers who come with family, couples and friends or on their own to explore new adventures.
- Get the famous salt of Maras.
- Enjoy the beautiful view of the Sacred Valley.
- Learn more about the tradition of textiles in Chinchero.
MARAS MORAY HALF DAY
- 08:00 – 08:30 Start the experience at your hotel and meet with the rest of the group.
- 08:30 – 10:00 Drive to the Cruzpata sector and then to Moray where we visit the beautiful agricultural terraces.
- 10:30 – 11:00 Our next point of visit is the town of Maras and the salt mines.
- 11:20 – 13:30 Finally we visit a textile center in Chinchero and then return to the city of Cusco.
- We finish our experience in the main square or Regocijo square.
INCLUDES – DOES NOT INCLUDE
OUR PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Charla informativa: Un Briefing: One day before the service, a meeting is held at the hotel where we will have a complete orientation about the experience.
- Personalized groups: The groups are small and personalized to provide a better shared experience.
- Professional guide: A professional tour guide specialized in cultural tourism, with English and Spanish skills.
- Tourist transportation: An ideal transportation for the places to visit according to the number of participants.
- Entrance Ticket: Partial Tourist Ticket and Maras.
OUR PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Meals: All those not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra expenses: Some expenses such as purchase of handicrafts, clothes or drinks, are also not included in the tour. Tips are not included and are voluntary.
- Travel insurance: This is extremely important to enjoy a safe trip.
- Travel documents (Passport, Income and others provided).
- Small backpack.
- Warm clothes (recommended for the return).
- Personal water bottle.
- Sun protection: hat, sun block and sunglasses.
- Cash in soles or dollars.
- Rain poncho.